Editorial - Online First 01 September 2023
Pitsiladis Y, Hamilton B, Geistlinger M, Bermon S, Bigard X, Migliorini S, Wolfarth B, Di Luigi L, Ionescu A, Schneider C, Bachl N, Miller M, Shroff M, Singleton P, Constantinou D, Swart J, Beltrami G, Arroyo F, Badtieva V, Kaux J-F, Rozenštoka S, Dienstbach-Wech L, Casajus JA, Zelekova I, Steinacker JM, Ülkar B, Papadopoulou T, Webborn N, Casasco M, Fossati C, Barrett J, Bilzon JLJ, Dohi M, Li G, Ak E, Pedrinelli A, Pigozzi F.
SJR - Scimago Journal & Country Rank 2022 released!
New Releases 2023!
The SJR - Scimago Journal & Country Rank 2022 has been released. The German Journal of Sports Medicine is now ranked higher in 2 of 3 categories! In 2020, the Journal promoted from Quartile 4 into Quartile 3 in "Orthopedics and Sports Medicine" and also in "Physical Therapy, Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation".
The respective ranks are:
- Physical Therapy, Sports Therapy und Rehabilitaion:
#46th percentile of 226 journals in the SJR - Scimago Rank, and, in the Scimago Journal & Country Rank the rank has improved in 2022 by 37 places.
- Orthopedics and Sports Medicine:
#42th percentile of 298 journals in the SJR - Scimago Rank, and, in the Scimago Journal & Country Rank the rank has improved in 2022 by 41 places.
Our H-Index rose from 19 (in 2019) to an index of 20 (in 2020).
The SJR 2021 is now 0.295 (compared to 2020: 0,23; 2019: 0.16; 2018: 0.14; 2017: 0.13)
Our Cites/Docs (2 years) factor is comparative to the impact factor, which rose unto a current factor of 1.021.
→ see more details in "About the Journal"
Editorial "The German Journal of Sports Medicine is Tunring Hybrid" Braumann K-M.
Editorial "Wearables – Challenges and Chances for Sports Medicine" Bloch W.
Originalia Acute Effects of WB-EMS on 20-min Rowing Time Trial Performance: Randomized Crossover Study Burgos-Postigo S, Recarey A, Fernández-Elías VE.
Originalia Bilateral Knee Joint Isokinetic Muscle Strength and Angle Specific Balance Ratio in Soccer Players Yilmaz E, Aydin T, Kiliç S, Toluk Ö.
Clinical Review Exercise and Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Behrens M, Brinkmann C.
Issues in 2023
Issue 1/2023 → planned date of publishing March 2023
Issue 2/2023 → planned date of publishing April 2023
Issue 3/2023 → planned date of publishin May 2023
Issue 4/2023 → planned date of publishing June 2023
Issue 5/2023 → planned date of publishing August 2023
Issue 6/2023 → planned date of publishing October 2023
Issue 7/2023 → planned date of publishing November 2023
The Journal is mourning about its long lasting Editor-in-chief Wildor Hollmann from 1959 to 1999
Germany's most decorated sports physician, DGSP honorary president, co-initiator of the "Trimm-Dich" movement and honorary citizen of Menden, Univ.-Prof. mult. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. mult. Wildor Hollmann died last Thursday, May 13, 2021. The world-renowned internist, cardiologist and researcher was unable to recover from a coronavirus infection he suffered. Hollmann lived to the age of 96.
After military service and war captivity from 1943 to 1947, Hollmann studied medicine in Cologne, earning his doctorate in 1954 and his habilitation in 1961. After founding the Institute for Circulatory Research and Sports Medicine, he received a chair in cardiology and sports medicine at the German Sport University (DSHS) in Cologne. As prorector, dean and rector of the medical and natural sciences department at DSHS, he helped the institution gain an international reputation in more than 14 years of research and leadership, pushed through a generous expansion, and achieved doctoral and post-doctoral degrees there. Throughout, his research focused on the importance of physical activity for maintaining health and promoting performance. To this end, he developed pioneering concepts, such as for outpatient cardiac sports groups, and was the father of the "Trimm dich!" exercise initiative, which is still practiced today and gets many people physically active through the so-called "Trimm-Dich" paths.
Even after retiring in 1990, Hollmann remained active in research and teaching; more than 1000 diploma theses and more than 200 doctoral dissertations were written under his supervision. He authored several books and more than 800 publications. Always active in sports until his death, Hollmann was, among other things, an honorary member of 14 international scientific societies. With the award of the Great Federal Cross of Merit with shoulder ribbon and star in 2000 and the Paracelsus Medal of the German Medical Association in 2002, Univ.-Prof. mult. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. mult. Wildor Hollmann was also Honorary President of the World Federation of Sports Medicine FIMS and the DGSP.
Find here the link to the Editorial on the occasion of his 90th Birthday.
Scientific Articles: COVID-19 / Corona-Virus / Sars-CoV-2
- Editorial Rehabilitation after COVID-19 – the Challenge of Post-COVID Syndrome with Post-Eexertional Malaise Steinacker JM, Kirsten J, Schulz SVW, Jerg A, Kersten J, Matits L, Schellenberg
- Case Report CMR Tissue Characterization and Course of Acute SARS-CoV-2 type B.1.1.529 Associated Myocarditis in a Professional Soccer Player Seitz A, Wachter K, Cani E, Burgstahler C, Spaich S, Mahrholdt H
- Position Stand [Epub ahead of print] Recommendations for Return-to-Sport after COVID-19: Expert Consensus Steinacker JM, Schellenberg J, Bloch W, Deibert P, Friedmann-Bette B, Grim C, Halle M, Hirschmüller A, Hollander K , Kerling A, Kopp C , Mayer F, Meyer T, Niebauer J, Predel HG, Reinsberger C, Röcker K, Scharhag J, Scherr J, Schmidt-Trucksäss A, Schneider C, Schobersberger W, Weisser B, Wolfarth B, Nieß AM
- Originalia Changes in Lung Diffusion Capacity after SARS-CoV-2 Infections in Highly Trained Athletes Schmucker A*, Jerg A*, Schulz SVW, Vollrath S, Steinacker JM
- Review Physical Activity in the Face of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Changes in Physical Activity Prevalence in Germany Beck F, Siefken K, Reimers AK
- Editorial Science in Sports Medicine during the Corona Pandemic Nieß A
- Originalia Dried Blood Spots to Monitor the Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Response after Infection or Vaccination Carthaus A, Görgens C, Knoop A, Geyer H, Thevis M
- Statement Recommendations for Athletes to Vaccinate against SARS-CoV-2 Meyer T, Wolfarth B, Gärtner B
- Review Preventing Mental Health, Well-Being and Physical Activity during the Corona Pandemic – Recommendations from Psychology and Sports Medicine Herbert C, Gilg V, Sander M, Kobel S, Jerg A, Steinacker JM
- Review - Online first Sport, exercise and COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus Wackerhage H, Everett R, Krüger K, Murgia M, Simon P, Gehlert S, Neuberger E, Baumert P, Schönfelder M
- Editorial - Online first Psyche and Sport in Times of COVID-19 Claussen MC, Fröhlich S, Spörri J, Seifritz E, Markser VZ, Scherr J
- Fact Sheet - Online first Fact Sheet: Sport Psychiatric and Psychotherapeutic Aspects in Competitive Sports in Times of the COVID 19 Pandemic Claussen MC, Fröhlich S, Spörri J, Hasan A, Seifritz E, Scherr J, Markser VZ
- Statement - Online first Recommendations for Exercise Testing in Sports Medicine during the Current Pandemic Situation (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) Nieß AM, Bloch W, Friedmann-Bette B, Grim C, Gärtner B*, Halle M, Hirschmüller A, Kopp C, Meyer T, Niebauer J, Predel G, Reinsberger C, Röcker K, Scharhag, J, Schneider C, Scherr J, Steinacker JM, Mayer F, Wolfarth B
- Position Stand - Online first Position Stand: Return to Sport in the Current Coronavirus Pandemic (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) Nieß AM, Bloch W, Friedmann-Bette B, Grim C, Halle M, Hirschmüller A, Kopp C, Meyer T, Niebauer J, Reinsberger C, Röcker K, Scharhag J, Scherr J, Schneider C, Steinacker JM, Urhausen A, Wolfarth B, Mayer F
- Editorial - Online first Sport in Times of Corona Bloch W, Halle M, Steinacker JM
- Editorial - Online first Fact Sheet: Health Situation for Athletes in the Current Coronavirus Pandemic (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) Steinacker JM, Bloch W, Halle M, Mayer F, Meyer T, Hirschmüller A, Röcker K, Wolfarth B, Nieß A, Scharhag J, Niebauer J, Reinsberger C und Sports Medicine Commission der FISA
- Letter to the Editor-online only Letter to the Editor: COVID-19 in a Thai Boxing Area in Thailand Sriwijitalai W, Wiwanitkit V
Open Access Journal
- The German Journal of Sports Medicine <Deutsche Zeitschrift für Sportmedizin> is an Open Access Journal according to the standards of the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/licensing-types-examples/licensing-examples/#by-nc-sa