SJR - Scimago Journal & Country Rank 2020 released!
The SJR - Scimago Journal & Country Rank 2020 has been released. The German Journal of Sports Medicine is now ranked higher in 2 of 3 categories! The Journal is promoted from Quartile 4 into Quartile 3 in "Orthopedics and Sports Medicine" and also in "Physical Therapy, Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation".
The respective ranks are:
- Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (#203 of 288)
- Physical Therapy, Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (#140 of 210)
We are just improving year by year!
Our H-Index rised from 19 (2019) to a current index of 20 (2020).
The SJR 2020 is now 0.23 (compared to 2019: 0.16; 2018: 0.14; 2017: 0.13)
→ see more details in "About the Journal"
→ Editorial Olympic and Paralympic Elite Sports in Times of the Corona-Pandemic - Current Challenges and Future Opportunities Hirschmüller A, Wolfarth B
→ Review Injuries and Illness in Elite Equestrian Athletes: A Two-Season Prospective Study Lang M, Moen MH, von Roy T, Verhagen E
→ Review Cherry-Picking and Lemon-Dropping Lessons from Anti-Doping to Boost Abuse Prevention in Sport Tuakli-Wosornu YA, Moses EC, Amick M, Grimm K
→ Originalia Injuries an Illness in Olympic Level Water Polo Athletes - a Three-Season Prospective Study Verhagen E, Lang M, Watson R, Moen H
→ Review Olympic Rowing - Maximum Capacity over 2000 Meters Treff G, Winkert M, Steinacker JM
→ Originalia Health Problems in German Paralympic Athletes Preparing for the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games Busch A, Kubosch EJ, Meidl V, Bretthauer B, Leonhart R, Dallmann P, Wrobel N, Hirschmüller A
The Journal is mourning about its long lasting Editor-in-chief Wildor Hollmann from 1959 to 1999
Germany's most decorated sports physician, DGSP honorary president, co-initiator of the "Trimm-Dich" movement and honorary citizen of Menden, Univ.-Prof. mult. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. mult. Wildor Hollmann died last Thursday, May 13, 2021. The world-renowned internist, cardiologist and researcher was unable to recover from a coronavirus infection he suffered. Hollmann lived to the age of 96.
After military service and war captivity from 1943 to 1947, Hollmann studied medicine in Cologne, earning his doctorate in 1954 and his habilitation in 1961. After founding the Institute for Circulatory Research and Sports Medicine, he received a chair in cardiology and sports medicine at the German Sport University (DSHS) in Cologne. As prorector, dean and rector of the medical and natural sciences department at DSHS, he helped the institution gain an international reputation in more than 14 years of research and leadership, pushed through a generous expansion, and achieved doctoral and post-doctoral degrees there. Throughout, his research focused on the importance of physical activity for maintaining health and promoting performance. To this end, he developed pioneering concepts, such as for outpatient cardiac sports groups, and was the father of the "Trimm dich!" exercise initiative, which is still practiced today and gets many people physically active through the so-called "Trimm-Dich" paths.
Even after retiring in 1990, Hollmann remained active in research and teaching; more than 1000 diploma theses and more than 200 doctoral dissertations were written under his supervision. He authored several books and more than 800 publications. Always active in sports until his death, Hollmann was, among other things, an honorary member of 14 international scientific societies. With the award of the Great Federal Cross of Merit with shoulder ribbon and star in 2000 and the Paracelsus Medal of the German Medical Association in 2002, Univ.-Prof. mult. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. mult. Wildor Hollmann was also Honorary President of the World Federation of Sports Medicine FIMS and the DGSP.
Find here the link to the Editorial on the occasion of his 90th Birthday.
Scientific Articles: COVID-19 / Corona-Virus / Sars-CoV-2
- NEW: Statement Recommendations for Athletes to Vaccinate against SARS-CoV-2 Meyer T, Wolfarth B, Gärtner B
- Review Preventing Mental Health, Well-Being and Physical Activity during the Corona Pandemic – Recommendations from Psychology and Sports Medicine Herbert C, Gilg V, Sander M, Kobel S, Jerg A, Steinacker JM
- Review - Online first Sport, exercise and COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus Wackerhage H, Everett R, Krüger K, Murgia M, Simon P, Gehlert S, Neuberger E, Baumert P, Schönfelder M
- Editorial - Online first Psyche and Sport in Times of COVID-19 Claussen MC, Fröhlich S, Spörri J, Seifritz E, Markser VZ, Scherr J
- Fact Sheet - Online first Fact Sheet: Sport Psychiatric and Psychotherapeutic Aspects in Competitive Sports in Times of the COVID 19 Pandemic Claussen MC, Fröhlich S, Spörri J, Hasan A, Seifritz E, Scherr J, Markser VZ
- Statement - Online first Recommendations for Exercise Testing in Sports Medicine during the Current Pandemic Situation (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) Nieß AM, Bloch W, Friedmann-Bette B, Grim C, Gärtner B*, Halle M, Hirschmüller A, Kopp C, Meyer T, Niebauer J, Predel G, Reinsberger C, Röcker K, Scharhag, J, Schneider C, Scherr J, Steinacker JM, Mayer F, Wolfarth B
- Position Stand - Online first Position Stand: Return to Sport in the Current Coronavirus Pandemic (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) Nieß AM, Bloch W, Friedmann-Bette B, Grim C, Halle M, Hirschmüller A, Kopp C, Meyer T, Niebauer J, Reinsberger C, Röcker K, Scharhag J, Scherr J, Schneider C, Steinacker JM, Urhausen A, Wolfarth B, Mayer F
- Editorial - Online first Sport in Times of Corona Bloch W, Halle M, Steinacker JM
- Editorial - Online first Fact Sheet: Health Situation for Athletes in the Current Coronavirus Pandemic (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) Steinacker JM, Bloch W, Halle M, Mayer F, Meyer T, Hirschmüller A, Röcker K, Wolfarth B, Nieß A, Scharhag J, Niebauer J, Reinsberger C und Sports Medicine Commission der FISA
- Letter to the Editor-online only Letter to the Editor: COVID-19 in a Thai Boxing Area in Thailand Sriwijitalai W, Wiwanitkit V
Issues in 2021
Issue 1/2021 Clinical Sports Medicine → planned date of publishing February 20th, 2021.
Issue 2/2021 Sports Orthopedics → planned date of publishing March 8th, 2021.
Issue 3/2021 Special Issue Sports, Medicine and Health Summit 2021 → planned date of publishing April 6th, 2021.
Issue 4/2021 Special Issue Olympic Games → planned date of publishing June 21st, 2021.
Issue 5/2021 Sports in Therapy → planned date of publishing September 20th, 2021.
Issue 6/2021 Special Issue Psychiatry& Sports Medicine → planned date of publishing October 20th, 2021.
Issue 7/2021 Special Issue Aging Process & Sports Medicine → planned date of publishing November 20th, 2021.
Sports and the corona epidemic
- Interview with Prof. Henning Wackerhage on the interactions between sports and the coronavirus epidemic
- Link to Review: https://www.germanjournalsportsmedicine.com/archiv/archive-2020/issue-5/sport-exercise-and-covid-19-the-disease-caused-by-the-sars-cov-2-coronavirus/
German Sports TV "ARD Sportschau" & Article Return to sports in Corona
- The German Sports TV "ARD Sportschau" has tagged our article Position Stand: Return to Sport in the Current Coronavirus Pandemic (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) on their website
Worldwide Survey | Corona Pandemic
- Social distancing and the measures to contain the coronavirus pandemic have changed our lives. In particular, access to sports and exercise has become more difficult due to contact restrictions and the closure of gyms and sports clubs.
- The Goethe University Frankfurt is conducting a worldwide survey on this topic together with 14 other universities. It would be great if you could take a few minutes to tell us how the crisis affects you. The results will help us to offer you free individualized training in a few weeks.
- Link to survey: http://goethe.link/ASAP
Open Access Journal
- The German Journal of Sports Medicine <Deutsche Zeitschrift für Sportmedizin> is an Open Access Journal according to the standards of the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/licensing-types-examples/licensing-examples/#by-nc-sa
New Structure and Order
- www.germanjournalsportsmedicine.com: The scientific part of the Journal contains current and previous scientific articles in HTML and PDF-format, a fully indexed archive until 1999, a full text search tool. The references can be downloaded in current citation manager formats. All articles are indexed in main journal data bases.
- www.zeitschrift-sportmedizin.de: This is the traditional internet address of the Journal and is the new online magazine in German language. You will find there researched articles on current topics in the entire field of clinical sports medicine and preventive medicine as well as current research results and opinions - also in related fields -, reviews of the scientific articles of the Journal, contents of our cooperation partners and announcements of the Journal.
Main language »American English«
- As of issue 1/2018, in all scientific articles American English will be declared as main language.
- The reviewing process can still be done in German language; all German-speaking articles need to be translated before publication by the authors. We will support young authors with this translation.
- Extended Abstracts will still be published in German.
- With this procedure we aim to be listed in international databases.