Sports, Medicine and Health Summit 2021
The Summit for Physicians, Scientists and Practitioners in Sports, Medicine and Health
The Sports, Medicine and Health Summit represents a new format of a scientific conference, where health policy and science aspects are combined - thus making it a large educational forum for sports, exercise and health in Germany.
The summit will be host as a virtual event from 20 - 24 April 2021. You can experience the congress digitally worldwide. The congress program will be available for an additional 6 months after the congress has ended.
Issues in 2021
Issue 1/2021 Clinical Sports Medicine → planned date of publishing February 20th, 2021.
Issue 2/2021 Sports Orthopedics → planned date of publishing March 8th, 2021.
Issue 3/2021 Special Issue Sports, Medicine and Health Summit 2021 → planned date of publishing April 6th, 2021.
Issue 4/2021 Special Issue Olympic Games → planned date of publishing June 21st, 2021.
Issue 5/2021 Sports in Therapy → planned date of publishing September 20th, 2021.
Issue 6/2021 Special Issue Psychiatry& Sports Medicine → planned date of publishing October 20th, 2021.
Issue 7/2021 Special Issue Aging Process & Sports Medicine → planned date of publishing November 20th, 2021.
Scientific Articles: COVID-19 / Corona-Virus / Sars-CoV-2
- Review Preventing Mental Health, Well-Being and Physical Activity during the Corona Pandemic – Recommendations from Psychology and Sports Medicine Herbert C, Gilg V, Sander M, Kobel S, Jerg A, Steinacker JM
- Review - Online first Sport, exercise and COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus Wackerhage H, Everett R, Krüger K, Murgia M, Simon P, Gehlert S, Neuberger E, Baumert P, Schönfelder M
- Editorial - Online first Psyche and Sport in Times of COVID-19 Claussen MC, Fröhlich S, Spörri J, Seifritz E, Markser VZ, Scherr J
- Fact Sheet - Online first Fact Sheet: Sport Psychiatric and Psychotherapeutic Aspects in Competitive Sports in Times of the COVID 19 Pandemic Claussen MC, Fröhlich S, Spörri J, Hasan A, Seifritz E, Scherr J, Markser VZ
- Statement - Online first Recommendations for Exercise Testing in Sports Medicine during the Current Pandemic Situation (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) Nieß AM, Bloch W, Friedmann-Bette B, Grim C, Gärtner B*, Halle M, Hirschmüller A, Kopp C, Meyer T, Niebauer J, Predel G, Reinsberger C, Röcker K, Scharhag, J, Schneider C, Scherr J, Steinacker JM, Mayer F, Wolfarth B
- Position Stand - Online first Position Stand: Return to Sport in the Current Coronavirus Pandemic (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) Nieß AM, Bloch W, Friedmann-Bette B, Grim C, Halle M, Hirschmüller A, Kopp C, Meyer T, Niebauer J, Reinsberger C, Röcker K, Scharhag J, Scherr J, Schneider C, Steinacker JM, Urhausen A, Wolfarth B, Mayer F
- Editorial - Online first Sport in Times of Corona Bloch W, Halle M, Steinacker JM
- Editorial - Online first Fact Sheet: Health Situation for Athletes in the Current Coronavirus Pandemic (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) Steinacker JM, Bloch W, Halle M, Mayer F, Meyer T, Hirschmüller A, Röcker K, Wolfarth B, Nieß A, Scharhag J, Niebauer J, Reinsberger C und Sports Medicine Commission der FISA
- Letter to the Editor-online only Letter to the Editor: COVID-19 in a Thai Boxing Area in Thailand Sriwijitalai W, Wiwanitkit V
Sports and the corona epidemic
- Interview with Prof. Henning Wackerhage on the interactions between sports and the coronavirus epidemic
- Link to Review: https://www.germanjournalsportsmedicine.com/archiv/archive-2020/issue-5/sport-exercise-and-covid-19-the-disease-caused-by-the-sars-cov-2-coronavirus/
German Sports TV "ARD Sportschau" & Article Return to sports in Corona
- The German Sports TV "ARD Sportschau" has tagged our article Position Stand: Return to Sport in the Current Coronavirus Pandemic (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) on their website
Worldwide Survey | Corona Pandemic
- Social distancing and the measures to contain the coronavirus pandemic have changed our lives. In particular, access to sports and exercise has become more difficult due to contact restrictions and the closure of gyms and sports clubs.
- The Goethe University Frankfurt is conducting a worldwide survey on this topic together with 14 other universities. It would be great if you could take a few minutes to tell us how the crisis affects you. The results will help us to offer you free individualized training in a few weeks.
- Link to survey: http://goethe.link/ASAP
Open Access Journal
- The German Journal of Sports Medicine <Deutsche Zeitschrift für Sportmedizin> is an Open Access Journal according to the standards of the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/licensing-types-examples/licensing-examples/#by-nc-sa
New Structure and Order
- www.germanjournalsportsmedicine.com: The scientific part of the Journal contains current and previous scientific articles in HTML and PDF-format, a fully indexed archive until 1999, a full text search tool. The references can be downloaded in current citation manager formats. All articles are indexed in main journal data bases.
- www.zeitschrift-sportmedizin.de: This is the traditional internet address of the Journal and is the new online magazine in German language. You will find there researched articles on current topics in the entire field of clinical sports medicine and preventive medicine as well as current research results and opinions - also in related fields -, reviews of the scientific articles of the Journal, contents of our cooperation partners and announcements of the Journal.
Main language »American English«
- As of issue 1/2018, in all scientific articles American English will be declared as main language.
- The reviewing process can still be done in German language; all German-speaking articles need to be translated before publication by the authors. We will support young authors with this translation.
- Extended Abstracts will still be published in German.
- With this procedure we aim to be listed in international databases.